So with the three day weekend we’re having I have been really busy cranking stuff out to sell and getting back into the swing of working with everything now that I have a proper shop. In addition to the brown stamped gear I’ve managed to finish a black leather shako and mini top hat with…
Alrighty then, decided to do something a bit different tonight….. before I post this set up on Etsy and Zibbet, I’ll give everyone a chance this weekend to get it directly from me here for a discounted price….. what we have….
All pieces are made from 4-6oz Veg Tanned Leather, nickel plated rivets, snaps, and buckles, and polycarbonate lenses for the goggles and where lacing is used it’s heavy duty vinyl leather lacing.
1. 12″ Tall Smokestack Top Hat that will fit a 23.5″ head and smaller with some padding.
2. Goggles, very adjustable to fit a wide range of melons and fit nicely over the hat when not in use.
3. Leather Belt – this will fit anywhere from a 38″ waist up to about a 64″ waist and is VERY adjustable using the conway buckle. There’s two tab keepers included.
4. 2 Skirt Chasers – these are used to keep a skirt from dragging on the ground by tucking the ends into the d-rings ( guys also use them as contact points for clipping keys, etc ).
5. Mug Holder – simple 1 snap mug holder that will hold a massive mug with no problem.
6. Mini Top Hat – about 5″ tall and the same diameter around roughly.
7. NERF Maverick – This includes the holster which is on the belt and all matches.
All said and done this is a great MATCHING set of gear and I am asking $200 on here for it. I will list it on Etsy and Zibbet for $300 on Monday and as many of you know already…. it won’t last long.
Contact me on here or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Got my hands on a side of leather yesterday at the flea market and started work right away.
It’s all hand stamped and dyed with a dark oak finish to give a very nice rustic look.
Made from 4-6oz Vegetable Tanned Leather, hand stamped ( translated = pain in the ass ) but the end result was so worth the work I put into.
So I had some time this weekend to spend in the shop and my head got to swimming with ideas for projects and looking around at all the unfinished ones got me motivated to do something.
So what we have here now is a mini top hat, or fascinator, made like a pepakura model in an attempt to find an easier to crank them out en masse without having to use leather…. the results are…. not bad to be honest and if I do more of them there will be some improvements to the design and process as well as decorations….. all said and done it’s a nice and unique little hat.
Here it is on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/189240245/steampunk-fascinator-mini-top-hat-one-of?
And here’s some pics of it….